New tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been into freshwater tanks for years and have never ventured into saltwater. An opportunity came up to swap a fluval 304 filter for a complete marine set up, I took it streight away. The tank is a 2 foot nano tank it came with filter heater and protine skimmer and also the white/blue led lights. The questions I have are how much live rock should I have in there, I am going to be using premixed salt water from my lfs unless anyone has a good reason why to so it other ways. The tank currently has 1 clown fish and 2 cleaner crabs and the live sand and rock. Is there anymore fish I could put in there?

As far as I know the lights are for growing corals.

Also another big question I have is what are the easiest corels I could grow under the 32 leds I have?

Thanks any input and help would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1405718035139.jpg
    1405718035139.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 1405718044729.jpg
    1405718044729.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1405718061707.jpg
    1405718061707.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 87
Welcome to the salty side. IMO I would mix your own salt because if the lfs water ever has anything wrong with it like something gets spilled it and they are unaware of it, it could crash your whole tank. Its probably cheaper to mix your own as well. Dont go any less that a pound per gallon with live rock. You may be able to do some soft corals with the light but that would probably be it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay what would I need to mix my own? Would I need an rodi unit?

Yes or you can get it from a machine where you pay a quarter a gallon or so. Get a tds meter and go to several places and find the one with the lowest tds reading. Also get a tds reader I got mine off amazon gor $8. Get a paower head, a small heater, a refractometer (you should have anyways), and salt and youre good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay so today I did a water change about 10 percent to with the fish store water after I'd added a bunch of cleaned lava rock, u was wondering if lava rock was okay to put in a nano reef. The lava rock was cleaned and added onto and around the love rock and some crumbles in the filter surrounding the heater and main filter body. What told be a good nano power head for a 2 and a half foot tank?

Back
Top Bottom