New tank need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J2thefree

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Soo I have a 29 gallon biocube I have 30 pounds of live sand and 20 pounds of uncured live rock and am letting it cycle I added bio spira and I have a chemi-pure elite with purigen in the filter should I take them out while my tank is cycling and if so is it okay to put it back in when cycle is done or would I have to buy all new thanks and sorry for the stupid questions but I'm still learning

Take out the chemi and purigen is what I mean if I didn't make it clear enough

It's fine to leave them in, but unnecessary really if there isn't anything in there. If you take them out you can put it back in when its done cycling, no problem.

I would take them out. Purigen is an ammonia/nitrate reducer, and may skew your readings w.r.t. your cycle. I ran my cure and cycle with nothing but the rock, sand, heater, and powerheads so that I could get the most accurate readings (logged daily in a notebook).

Thanks guys it won't hurt anything I've had them in for about a week and a half to two weeks?

nah, it won't hurt anything. i just prefer that the cycle be "clean", so that I know what's really going on in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom