New tank new tank mates ... new problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkybraincbfam

Aquarium Advice Regular
Soo we got ourselves a nice 20 gallon tank we cycled for a week and moved our current community of 6 barbs and 3 oto's into there new home everyone seems to be doing very well. At the same time in the old 10 gallon tank we put 3 female sword tails and 3 corydoras haraldschultzi. The sword tails seem very active and two of the corys did fine over the night. Although one of the corys isn't really doing a lot of swimming the swordtails are trying to keep him active but he just seems to want to lay there. Our plan is to watch everyone for a bit make sure they are all healthy and hopefully move everyone to the 20 gallon in a few weeks. My only worry is there any way to keep the Cory alive? He seems to just not be making the transition as well as everyone else is. Thanks for any help you can provide. And no worries pictures are soon to come ?

New to the fish thang

I'd just do a lot of water changes. Also, swordtails hit 3 inches or more easy, I'd keep them in at least 30 gals.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Well I can't tell who was moved there, but was the Cory moved?

As for the health of the fish I would recommend adding aquarium salt, it should help the fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When you cycled the tank for a week did you move over any media or filters from the other tank? If not I'd be willing to be your not cycled.

Oh yea I actually took the filter right off my old tank and put it on the new one along with a lot of the substrate and all the plants ended up in the new tank and the old tank still has the same substrate and water. Everyone in the new tank is really happy. My only issue now is I can't find a Cory he's gone just gone??? Do they dig and or bury themselves lol??

New to the fish thang

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420383364.422662.jpg
So this is our new 20 gal
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420383403.756673.jpg
And this is our old 10 gal that we are using to make sure the new fish aren't going to make our old fish sick

New to the fish thang

If you moved the media and the substrate to the 20 gallon...then maybe your 10 is now cycling since you took away the BB...need to check for ammonia ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't move all the substrate just a scoop of it. We have been testing the water and levels all seem fine still everyone in the 10 gal is fine now although like I said we are still somehow missing a Cory he may have crawled into the shell not positive but haven't seen him in 2 days and there are no remains in or around the tank so hoping he shows back up. Otherwise I'm going to have to try and clean that shell just to be positive.

New to the fish thang

Back
Top Bottom