new tank setup for my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabetonik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok I just setup my 10 gallon tank with a heater ,filter,gravel ,three plants .I added water conditioner yesterday at the right amount so what I want to know is when is it ok to add a my Betta to the tank and if I am missing anything else for my tank?

I don't think you're missing anything, but have you cycled your tank if not then do it ASAP!

Most people recommend cycling the tank first. There are guides in the stickies I believe. But you should have a water test kit to see if the water parameters are in healthy levels.

siva said:
Hello and welcome to AA! :)

That's an excellent question. You should do a fishless cycle on the tank. Here's a couple links to help with explaining the nitrogen cycle and how fishless cycling works: The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle and The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling.

Do you by chance have any other aquarium in the home with a filter?

Ahaha those were the pages I was looking for! Just follow those and use some gravel and plants and filters (if you have any of those items) in your tank and then follow the steps and then you'll be on your way!

gabetonik said:
no:( I only have one

Even though you have none you can still grow them, it'll take longer but it will still get you to the finish line. Just read the fishless cycle thread and go from there. It isn't that bad;)

Back
Top Bottom