New tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slothageddon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New 29g tank!

My parents just picked me up a 29 gallon aquarium kit and a lot of other things(test strips, aquarium salt, big bottle of conditioner,master test kit,etc.):D
I'm starting a fishless cycle now, but I was wondering if there were any fish people would recommend. I already have a Dalmatian Molly, a panda Molly, and a swordtail going in, but do you think I would be able to do 2-3 female bettas along with another dalmatian molly or two(staggering the introductions to the tank of course)?
Here's the tank:)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388352712.443807.jpg

If you go with multiple female bettas I would suggest at least four, add them all at once, be prepared for possibly having to take one out if the aggression gets too high, and add a lot more plants to break up eye contact and create more territory.

If you are going got have a lot of live-bearers you may want to figure out what you will do with extra fry, unless you are getting all males.

thanks! ill definitely be looking at how i want to stock my tank with this new info. this helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom