new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richard72

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i just bought a new 29 gallon tank today. i have it set up and it is cycling now. i figured giving it a couple weeks before adding any fish. i am thinking of when i do add i will add tetras. what else can i put with them and how many fish can i put in?

First you'll need to conduct water tests to know when it's cycled if you're doing a fish less cycle. Liquid kits are the better of the two. Or you could add them at any point and do a fish in cycle. Either way, test kit !!! As far as what else to add to the Tetras will depend on what kind you'll start out with. Some are peaceful and some are nippers. Some can handle higher temps, some not so well. I'd suggest researching on the different types and build around that.

thanks

this was very helpfiull. i have the test kits and will do a test in a couple days. and then i will decide what fish exactly i want to get

Long fin black widow tetras are beautiful! My bf loves cardinal tetras.

I don't own any tetras though. We do have rasboras which are really fun, not as fun as good ol' danios, but still fun.

The cool thing about rasboras is they will school together even if they're different colors. I have 6 harlequin and 1 blue one and they accept him no problem.

I have a 29g here is what I have:

2 danios (already moved the other 4 to the 180 but can't catch these two males and can't seem to catch the others in the big tank to move them back-so my school is split :(. )
7 rasboras 6h and 1 blue
2 male guppies
2 dwarf guarami
5 nerite snails (they don't eat live plants only dead)
2 adult ghost shrimp (plus about 8 babies that didn't get eaten)

Back
Top Bottom