New to fish keeping but excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rannoldinho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
IMG_2737.jpg

Hi everyone! New fish tank owner who's getting all the research in! Been on these forums for weeks to teach myself as much as I can since never had a tank before! Here is my tank, and very happy how it has come out (just 22L/5g) . Just going through the cycling process now so got a few weeks to get all the extra info I can. I think I know what fish I want, but a question to anyone who can help, would plecs or shrimp work with the substrate I've gone for? Or so they need live plants? Just fancy something to help with the algae.

Thanks everyone, I'll be reading your posts to keep on learning.

Hi there. Newbie here too. I found the researching bit really fun. Hope you get your questions answered here. Sorry don't know much about the relationship of substrate and fish selection.

Looks like a smaller tank there. Plecs are messy typically, and need a little more than a 5gal.
Shrimp would be great for this tank, though. Just make sure the intake of the filter has a foam barrier so they don't get sucked in. Also, shrimp will do better overall if you don't add them for a few months. They're like cows and forage mostly on algae growth so an established tank makes them more comfy.

If you decide on shrimp live plants and moss would be best. Perhaps a few moss balls and some anacharis. Or you could do snails. IMG_1245.jpgIMG_0390.jpgIMG_1519.jpg

Hi all, thanks so much for the replies! Exactly what I was after! Those snails do like quite cool, and good to know I could get some shrimp after all with the right precautions [emoji1305][emoji1305][emoji1305]

A nice nano fish is the Boraras Brigittae aka Chili Rasbora.

Fun video of them here

What is the ph for your tank?

Do you know the hardness /GH or Carbonate hardness KH /Alkalinity?

A nice nano fish is the Boraras Brigittae aka Chili Rasbora.

Fun video of them here

What is the ph for your tank?

Do you know the hardness /GH or Carbonate hardness KH /Alkalinity?

Sorry only been cycling for 5 days now so haven't tested anything yet, probs give it a try in another week or 2. That's a really cool fish though! More colour the better for me!

Back
Top Bottom