New to guppies; will she go soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_crazy_lady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So platies for me are rather easy, bit they're the only livebearer I've actually ever bred intentionally.
So, I have a ten gallon stocked with four females and one male, and the female I had before i got the other three was already pregnant since dropping her last two (possibly more as she's bad for eating them) fry almost a month ago. This is the female in question.
She appears very squared off and is quite big, but her gravid spot is not very dark or big, imo. But that being said this is the only time I've actually been observing her for signs of birth, so i am kinda a clueless kid i guess.
I will try to attach pics of her taken just a few minutes ago.
IMG_3097.jpg
IMG_3095.jpg
IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

Here's one more.
The biggest reason I wanna know is because I would really like to watch her have them and immediately take her out of the 'fry tank' so she doesn't eat them as she is really bad for that.

I am a little ticked off; kinda mixed emotions Lol. Its six am and she just finished giving birth to around 70 globs of premature fluid fry. That's it. Just globs of yellow fluid. No. Babies. [emoji849][emoji35][emoji22]
What a lot of waiting for just that.

I breed guppies with goal intentions. I have only had one guppie do this "miscarriage" thing. They were just gel balls and just liquefied. My fish are never stressed I take quality care of all of my animals. You mist likely did nothing wrong. HOWEVER if you want to separate the mother to be next time. One of the major signs is when the male starts to ignore her and she is off all alone maybe about two or three days before her delivery that is the best time to move her. You don't want to stress her while she is in labor it could kill her.

Back
Top Bottom