New To Hobby, Tank Over electrical panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeroz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I am very new to this hobby, but my son wanted an animal ... and he seemed to be really into fishes... so I have decided to get him an aquarium for his BD...

Well I am a bit nerdy and obsessive so without any fish I started researching and researching and researching... so I ended up with 55 Gallon Aquarium stand etc... and over 1000$ less well off,

We already had our first water incident during initial filling- 5 gal of water leaving the aquarium, thankfully it all collected inside the stand, We were able to remedy the situation within 30 mins. so nothing major happened ( I hope the integrity of the stand is still ok)

The tank is undergoing a fishless cycling process and still in Stage One.

One thing just hit me... The aquarium is located on the first floor in the corner for of the house right over our Electrical panel (which is located one floor below in the basement).

This seems to me is a recipe for disaster... Unfortunately it is a perfect spot as far as stability and esthetics are concerned, but I am a bit worried?

So I think I would like to ask more experienced fishkeepers. Do you guys think I should move it? (I think I know what the answer is and it involves work:))

Thank You and all the best

Get some corrugated plastic and mount it to the floor joists above panels. Use a spacer at end away from panel to create pitch. Spray foam gaps above panel. $50 and a few hours if you're handy

Get some corrugated plastic and mount it to the floor joists above panels. Use a spacer at end away from panel to create pitch. Spray foam gaps above panel. $50 and a few hours if you're handy

good idea... but not sure it is possible in my specific panel setup, as all the power cables are routed above the panel. I think I am going to have to move the tank. For now it has no fish ... so probably better to do it now when later

good idea... but not sure it is possible in my specific panel setup, as all the power cables are routed above the panel. I think I am going to have to move the tank. For now it has no fish ... so probably better to do it now when later
Don't forget to add a $10 water alarm underneath...

Back
Top Bottom