New to planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamlafrance

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone. Recently I begun the change from artificial to live plants. Right now I have a couple cryptocoryne crispatula and up until a few weeks ago they've been doing fine. Now I'm starting to see some yellowing in color as well as holes appearing along the leafs. I'm not dosing with anything, as I was told it wasn't necessary with these plants. I'm using the Current USA Satelite LED Plus which I just switched over to a few days ago. I'm noticing a more positive effect on the plants after installing it, they seem to have perked right up. I'm hoping to get into some more complicated species, but want to fix this issue with my current ones first. Any ideas about what I can do to help the plants?

Crypts although quite simple as far as requirements go, are temperamental and need root tabs. Mine can die off like that but then grow back instantly with new leaves two days after old ones die.

Yes it is known as crypt melting, which generally occurs when replanting or moving the crypt. As long ad you have a roottab onder it's roots, you should be fine

Sent per three-eyed raven...

Back
Top Bottom