New to plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seanh84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking to replace my crap plastic plants with real ones. I have brought a light tube which says for plants, do i need anything else as money is tight :(
Also which plants are good to begin with

Welcome. Can you tell us the size and wattage of the bulb. Also the size of your tank. What type of bulb is it a t5, t8, t12. It should say on one end of the bulb.

Its 3ft wide. 22 gallon / 88 litre tank. Its a 30" 25w t8. It says tropical daylight on it

Your Lighting Question

Hello Sean...

Your lighting will be fine for plants that require low to moderate light. I'd suggest some nice undemanding plants like, Java fern, Anubias, varieties of Cryptocoryne, Pennywort, Hornwort, Anacharis, varieties of Amazon sword to name a few.

If you want to get a little creative and float a piece of driftwood, you can attach Water sprite, Water wisteria and Banana plants to the wood with black sewing thread.

These are way more than enough possibilities to fill your small tank. Don't forget to research aquatic plant fertilizers. Ferts are almost as important as the lighting.

B

Your lights are only good for low lights like java fern and java moss. I would suggest getting T5s or T5 HOs or CFLs, they will give you a lot more plants to pick and choose from and work with.

Cheers lads thanks for ya help. Im upgrading soon to a 300ltr soon

Back
Top Bottom