New to the fish site and looking for feeding advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blufootedshoes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Erin and I've just set up a tank in my bedroom :) first time I've had my own tank. Have previously looked after tanks for family.

I have a 60litre tank with 2 small pearlscales, a small butterfly tail and a snail.

I'm currently feeding them goldfish crisps, is there something more suitable for the butterfly tail?

He/she is a slower swimmer than the pearlscales and isn't getting as much food as the others get to the food first. Have increased the food to make sure everyone gets some food but this isn't ideal.

Many thanks

Hi Erin! Welcome to the forum! That's a lot of fish for the size of tank.

You're right that increasing the amount that you feed isn't the solution. My approach to feeding a variety of eating paces is to feed in multiple places at the same time. I've seen floating frames that you can drop the flakes in. That way, you could have food floating on both ends.

Thanks for the response :)
I thought I was doing well without over crowding the tank as it looks quite empty. Won't be getting anyone new so hope i can keep everyone happy and healthy

Just the filter that came with the tank. Has in-built filter in the top with a pipe that comes down. Hope that helps (can't think of what it's called)

Back
Top Bottom