New To the Hobby and Need Guidance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I'm not sure if videos have to be approved by the forum or what is happening but so far none of the videos I've attempted to upload have gone through.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am using the API master test kit for freshwater. So far everything seems to be normal with my water. I have a 7.8 PH which I've read is fine for a Betta even though it's a bit high. My Nitrates are almost non-existent and my Nitrites are low. My ammonia is high but that's to be expected since I'm running a fishless nitrogen cycle so I've been trying to keep it up around 4ppm until the BB estabilish theirselves and start to do their jobs.

Hmm, I'm not sure if videos have to be approved by the forum or what is happening but so far none of the videos I've attempted to upload have gone through.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am using the API master test kit for freshwater. So far everything seems to be normal with my water. I have a 7.8 PH which I've read is fine for a Betta even though it's a bit high. My Nitrates are almost non-existent and my Nitrites are low. My ammonia is high but that's to be expected since I'm running a fishless nitrogen cycle so I've been trying to keep it up around 4ppm until the BB estabilish theirselves and start to do their jobs.

Ohhhh. Oops. I skimmed this thread and assumed there was already a betta in there.

In that case, you won't need to keep too close an eye on parameters. Test every few days or so until it starts to drop. TBH, you don't have to test but if you'd like to know what's going on in there it is a good idea.

Also good choice on the test kit.

Usually you have to upload videos to YouTube then copy/paste the url. Make sure video is public. ??

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom