New to this Site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewymoon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am a 46 yr old Fish lover ... that just got the courage up to invest in a 50 gallon hex corner tank .. I have in my house a array of pets .With the 2 Boston terrirs and Long haired Ragdoll cat .. I have a 2 yr old Red Royla Crowntail Betta that is a big and beautiful Crimson Red with a tail that is almost 2 inches long. His abode is a 5 gallon We have named him Jaws ;) I have a new red betta male small that is the new addition to his own tank also ... I also have a betta at work he is royal blue and enjoys his filtered 3 gallon tank. The 50 gallon is a new venture for me and I have just a few Black skirt tetras and 3 Beous Aires Tetras at the moment. I will be adding 2 Angel fish and Drawf Gourmias as time goes by. I look forward to getting advice and meeting new people that enjoy the finned friends
:fish1:

Hi, welcome to AA, glad you found the community. Big endevour moving up from a 3 and 5 gal to a 50 gal, best of luck. Post some pictures of your setup, if you got them, people here love photos.

Do you know about the nitrogen cycle in aquariums? And how to stablish it within your tank? Hope to hear from you and your finned friends.

Andrés

Hi Andres :) I have already fishless cycled my tank and have the tetras as my hardy fish. I have had the aquaruim set up for 2 months with live plants levels are Ok :) I will add photos soon ... Again thanks for the warm welcome

Great to know, just asking because sometimes thats the first place to start. Again welcome, expecting those pictures soon. :)

Got pics on this site :) also added a peacock eel ... he is sooooooo ugly he is cute

New to site and semi new to fish

HI im from London and very new to this site.

I have a 70 gallon tank with the following:

3 guppies - 8 months old
3 mollies - 6 months old
1 platy - 3 months old
1 placo - 5 months old
2 ghost knife fish - 3 months old
4 zebra danios - 3 days old

I love my fishes and get really upset when I loose them. I have had my tank for 12 months, (cycled for 4).

When i first got my fishes i have over 30 guppies andi only have 3 left. Now the fish have all settled and they seem to be doing fine. Only thing is my mollie had fry around 6 weeks ago (7 in total).

6 died that same day or there abouts. I had 1 that survived for 6 weeks and was growing well. Until I came home today and it was dead??? Any help how to raise them?

Back
Top Bottom