New white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGGGG

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 55gallon tank and I've had numerous anubias from petsmart in there with atleast 15 other plants. The problem is that today I found white spots( almost perfect circles) on two of the stems on one of my anubias. I have nerites and apple snails that I sometimes see on it, but I was wondering if it could be something serious? Something to add, my trates, trites, and ammonium are all fine just checked.

Pictures are unavailable sorry. But the spots are uniformly in a line straight up the stem. Does this sound like nerite eggs?

Yep. Sure does. This look like them?

img_1793567_0_f34025e86454972a5202d27de5667a8a.jpg

Exactly thank you! They can only reproduce in salt correct?

Right. They'll lay eggs, but the eggs won't hatch. They'll also, IME, eventually get eaten by the tank inhabitants. Those are from almost a month ago and aren't there anymore.

KaylNeko said:
Right. They'll lay eggs, but the eggs won't hatch. They'll also, IME, eventually get eaten by the tank inhabitants. Those are from almost a month ago and aren't there anymore.

Not all the fish will eat the eggs, the eggs are rich in Calcium, even when they won't hatch, are hard, and for me are like a pest.
They will lay eggs all over the place, driftwood, plants, heater,etc. IME I hate the eggs because they look bad, and are hard to remove.

Just a heads up.

Hmm I don't really mind the look, it kind of gives the leaves pattern. Thanks for all the info!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom