New Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladybus301

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I bought a pulsating xenia yesterday. When I put it in the tank it was pulsating.
today it isnt. It looks full and great but just is not pulsating. I have it in the middle of my tank so it can get plenty of light and there is low flow. Do I need to move it. or is it just acclimating itself.? Do I just need to be patient? and give it a chance to settle in.

Once it is acclimated it will pulse again. But that brings up a question, HOW did you acclimate it to your tank and lighting?

new xenia

I didnt know I had to acclimate it to the lighting. It was in a container and I just kept adding a little of the water from my tank into it for about 45 minutes or so.. I pulsated yesterday all aafternoon and evening.

Give it a chance to settle in. Mine tends to start and stop was well. Photoacclimation is important if you have stronger lighting then the LFS. If you are using about the same wattage/type of lighting it should not be an issue.

Thanks. Now I can rest easy. I do have the same pc lighting as the lfs. I guess Ill give it a day or two to settle in and see what happens. Thanks again

If doesn't start pulsing in a week or two, you can try changing the flow to see if it helps. FWIW sometimes when they stop pulsing in my tank, a good pruning, new GAC, and a PWC gets them going again. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom