New Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys I just got my new tiny little yellow tang today. He is doing great and swimming around after I put it in my tank. Except when I go near the tank it will hide behind the rockworks. I tried to feed him but he just won't come out. I am worry that he might starve to death. But when I go away from the tank it will start coming out and eat some algae off the rockworks. Any idea how long will he get used to the tank and take the food I feed him? Thanks in advance.

Fish all need some time to settle in to a new home. Give it a few days. What are you feeding currently? Tangs need a variety diet. Mine gets a varitey of frozen and high-quality flake. I feed frozen mysis, krill, some blood worms and cyclop-eeze. I feed spirulia flake and prime reef flake as well. I rotate what I feed and feed about three times a week. A couple times a week I soak he food in dietary suppliments like Selcon and Vita-Chem. I also add Garlic Extreme. Don't forget to hang dried sea weed strips in the tank for te tang to graze on. What size tank?

Back
Top Bottom