Newbie with questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otis Powell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there

Starting out on the tropical fish keeping path again after a couple of years away

Setting up a Roma 200L tank and I was just wondering does anybody know how much rock weight the bottom of the tank can take I am trying to set the tank up with a nice formation of ocean rock I’m wanting to put in around 18kg in the tank along with roughly 15kg of substrate is this safe??

The tank will hopefully be a Malawi tank when completed

This is the current set up in the tank there’s 5 more bits to go in I got this morning just want to check it’s safe first

Thanks

IMG_0186.jpg

This is the rock formation I’m aiming for with a few extra small pieces around the front and sides I have egg crate coming Monday or Tuesday is that sufficient to protect the tank and stop any problems
IMG_2893.jpg

Welcome, the weight sounds fine to me - just a matter of sitting on egg crate and making sure rocks can’t tumble and crack glass but looking to me like you have it covered.

When I used to keep crayfish, I’d fill the tank with bricks (ones with holes, non-leaching) and tank was ok.

Back
Top Bottom