Niger Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fehead

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new here so I do not know if this has been asked before. I have a Niger trigger and he seems to ge tin the mood to dig. I has cleared out the crushed coral under his favorite live rock which has caused it and two other pieces to fall into the hole. I am worried he may continue this and cause a rock to fall and break the bottom. Is this normal behavior. Should I move things back to normal.

I am worried he may continue this and cause a rock to fall and break the bottom.

That's a good thing to be worried about!

Personally, that's why I put all my live rock firmly on the bottom of the tank, and not just on top of the sand. I've heard pros and cons about doing it that way, but I didn't want anything toppling and causing a flood in my living room!

I agree, they like to move stuff around. I would make sure the bottom layer of rock is secure to avoid the rock from falling on him.

If you keep your bigger more stable pieces on bottom and don't have any loose or scary pieces high, you should be ok, I have had triggers and they loved digging, but never broke anything.

Back
Top Bottom