Nitrites are to high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jewel_cichlid03 said:
How can i get my nitrites down because liquid stuff from the pets store isnt doing a whole lot

Water change water changes and more water changes. Don't add chemicals to try and mask whatever is going on.

What is your tank setup? Stock?

Is your tank cycled?

What are the numbers coming in at?

Just trying to find out what's going on.

Water change water changes and more water changes. Don't add chemicals to try and mask whatever is going on.

What is your tank setup? Stock?

Is your tank cycled?

What are the numbers coming in at?

Just trying to find out what's going on.

I think the presence of nitrites answers that question about whether or not the tank is cycled.

Since it is not cycled, you just need to do water changes when your readings start getting too high until the process is complete. Anything over .50ppm nitrite is cause for a water change

5x5 said:
I think the presence of nitrites answers that question about whether or not the tank is cycled.

Since it is not cycled, you just need to do water changes when your readings start getting too high until the process is complete. Anything over .50ppm nitrite is cause for a water change

One thing I learned in this hobby is not assume anything. I've seen spikes in any level due to drastic changes in a tank or some type of major cleaning etc...

Please don't quote me and call me out like that. It's uncalled for and seems to be like a shot.

When you assume you get nothing out of it. When you ask questions you get answers and that's why I asked.

Wait why am I explaining myself to you?!

If it wasn't intended as I took it then I apologize

One thing I learned in this hobby is not assume anything. I've seen spikes in any level due to drastic changes in a tank or some type of major cleaning etc...

Please don't quote me and call me out like that. It's uncalled for and seems to be like a shot.

When you assume you get nothing out of it. When you ask questions you get answers and that's why I asked.

Wait why am I explaining myself to you?!

If it wasn't intended as I took it then I apologize

I just quoted you to respond directly to one of your questions and provide my thoughts on the answer. Regardless of the cause, the presence of nitrites indicates the nitrogen cycle is not in its "complete stage".

Uncalled for? I'm a little baffled that you took offense to what I wrote.

5x5 said:
I just quoted you to respond directly to one of your questions and provide my thoughts on the answer. Regardless of the cause, the presence of nitrites indicates the nitrogen cycle is not in its "complete stage".

Uncalled for? I'm a little baffled that you took offense to what I wrote.

It's hard to interpret over the Internet. That's why I said if I took it the wrong way I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom