NLS question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Cichlasoma formula? Or regular? I'm ordering more food and a few other things and this new formula popped up. Is there a difference?

Thanks

The threa A has garlic in it. I use that one because "they" say garlic is good for them and guards against bloat...I lost 5 fish on it so take that FWIW

Jmedic25 said:
The threa A has garlic in it. I use that one because "they" say garlic is good for them and guards against bloat...I lost 5 fish on it so take that FWIW

I feed thera a. What is the protein content of the cichlid formula?

joel618 said:
I feed thera a. What is the protein content of the cichlid formula?

Its 34%

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111219_224735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111219_224735.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20111219_224808.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111219_224808.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 55
NLS has three basic formulas, all three of which have garlic:
1-Regular: includes cichlid, goldfish, discus, etc. Good for long term use on adult fish.
2-Grow: has more protein and fat for growth, but not ideal for long term use with adult fish. It is also good for feeding adults you are breeding.
3-Thera+A: has enough garlic to kill some parasites. It has a tad more protein and fat, so it is ideal for new acquisitions, younger fish, etc.

I have seen many African cichlid tanks fed NLS exclusively and I have not seen a single case of Malawi bloat in any of them, so I don't think it is the NLS, not sure what the problem was.

Back
Top Bottom