no ammonia nitrate or nitrite??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mltj74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys fairly new to aquariums just started a 60 gallon tank 2 months ago. Sadly I did not do my research and jumped in alittle to fast (yes learned my lesson). Per the lady at petsmart I started the tank let it run for 4 days then proceeded to add fish. I was told to not fully stock at once keep it small around 24 glowfish danios and a glofish shark would do !!!! lol if I only knew....

after 6 weeks I was struggling with ammonia levels as u can imagine. tap reads .5 was trying to keep it down around 1 ppm. I was finally on the verge of trying to return the fish/ give them away anything and do it right when I read up on seachem stability. figured I would give it a shot as a last resort. 10 days ago ammonia dropped from 1 ppm to .5, 9 days ago ammonia dropped off the chart to 0.

I am using the api master kit and all the reading says I will see a nitrate spike then nitrites.. for the past week I have been reading nothing..... to the point I am now worried if something is wrong or if it is normal? I have never read any nitrites or nitrates through this whole process

We really don't have any LFS in the area exept petsmart and Petco.. I did take a sample of water to them thinking my kit was bad.. they are using strips but still showed nothing. also my ph is stable as can be above 7.6 on low range below 7.4 on high range.

It goes ammonia, nitrite, then nitrate. Test strips are notoriously inaccurate. If you are using the liquid api master test kit make sure you are shaking the crap out of the #2 nitrate bottle for the full 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom