No canister No Skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just finished cleaning my 55 and doing a water change. I'm tired of the canister filter making loud water noise and being a nitrate factory. I don't have a protein skimmer. Would it be okay not to use my filter at all? I have a good amount of lr and ls in my tank. I also do 10% wc every week.

Nah dude you need a filter. If i were you id clean the. Canister really well and buy a protein skimmer when you have enough money. Also continue testing your water and doing water changes!

Probably 30-40ish pounds of lr and 4 nano fish, 1 big one.

2 clowns 2 chromis 1 fox. I took the other chromis out cuz he was acting funky. Didn't want him to spread any disease.

Gave it to my friend lol. But yeah. I think ima leave my canister off until my next wc and see how things go. The filter at night makes my parents hate my tank :( lol

I personally dont think you need the canister. The skimmer would be nice but increase your LR some more and do 15-20% PWC`s every one or two weeks and you will be OK. That has been my experience.

Back
Top Bottom