noob from GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! I'm new to saltwater aquariums. Started off as entainment for my kids but has become an addiction. I currently have a 29 gallon biocube that is great but wife said she wanted a bigger one. So, with green light now have a 72 gallon bowfront.

Biocube inventory
Niger trigger
Sailfin tang
Red firefish
2 blennies
2 orange clowns
2 yellow clowns
2 black clowns
sandsifting starfish
Multiple emerald crabs, snails, and hermit crabs
Six assorted corals
40 pounds of live rock

Hi and welcome! :)

All i have to say is that your 29 gallon cube is very very overstocked. The tang needs a 180 gallon tank and the trigger needs a big tank as well. There are too many clowns as well... Only 1 pair should be kept. The blennies will fight as well... But it depends what type. Even for a 72 gallon tank this is a bad stock list :(

tmartin722 said:
Hello everyone! I'm new to saltwater aquariums. Started off as entainment for my kids but has become an addiction. I currently have a 29 gallon biocube that is great but wife said she wanted a bigger one. So, with green light now have a 72 gallon bowfront.

Biocube inventory
Niger trigger
Sailfin tang
Red firefish
2 blennies
2 orange clowns
2 yellow clowns
2 black clowns
sandsifting starfish
Multiple emerald crabs, snails, and hermit crabs
Six assorted corals
40 pounds of live rock

Welcome to the AA family. I have to agree. That is way overstocked. That's ALOT of fish for a 29 gallon or even your bowfront. And I also agree that tang needs a nice big home 125+

Welcome to AA!

If your fish are still small, you might have a couple of years before rehoming becomes a pressing issue. Your other option, as mentioned, would be to get a larger tank than the 72 BF, which of course would be an expensive decision! LOL.

I'm also in GA. We have a number of very nice LFSs that cater to the SW hobbyist in the Atlanta area. Let me know if you need a list. :)

Back
Top Bottom