noob with some zooa's not opening..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a plug of about 20 polyps of some candy apple zoas and 7+ hrs later they are still not open. How long do they normally take to open up?? i did some searching and found out that some of them should normaly open up in a few hrs after.

is this so? I know zoas are pretty hard coral and thats why i got it as my starter:whistle: ...anything i should look for/expect??

They are probably just adjusting still. How did u acclimate them? What are your water parameters?

Check your salinity. When I first got mine my salinity was 1.018 and that's why mine didn't open luckily my fish is a GSP which can handle fresh and marine.

TRDfan said:
I got a plug of about 20 polyps of some candy apple zoas and 7+ hrs later they are still not open. How long do they normally take to open up?? i did some searching and found out that some of them should normaly open up in a few hrs after.

is this so? I know zoas are pretty hard coral and thats why i got it as my starter:whistle: ...anything i should look for/expect??

What type of lighting do you have ?

Back
Top Bottom