Not sure if ICH or fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their fins are actually peeling away where the spots have been on their tails. I don't think these guys are going to make it. But i'm going to persevere and keep the medication going.

Doesn't look like ich to me

Any idea of what you think it could have been? The fish have all died out as of this morning and i've placed a heater in the tank at 32c.

I'm running it for a week at this tempreature and also adding the meds in for good measure. Then doing a good water change, running the tank with activated carbon for good measure.

Don't want to place any more fish in incase it was not ich, if it was a fungus or anything else would new fish catch it?

Obviously if it was ich by a week and a half of running the tank everything will be dead.

Don't want to place any more fish in incase it was not ich, if it was a fungus or anything else would new fish catch it?
The malachite should have killed the parasite in the entire tank. More importantly, your tank needs lots of water changes, and it needs to CYCLE. Gravel is not a good choice for substrate, because it traps enormous amounts of poo and bacteria and leads to poor water quality over time. Regular playsand, washed thourougly in a bucket with a hose, would be a better choice. OFC you can use gravel with no problems, you just have to change 1/3 of the water religiously every week. Goldfish are pretty hardy once they have been established in a large established tank. You can even breed them fairly easily with a ten gallon tank and a mop spawn or you can even hand strip them. They can get huge and live for 20 years or more.

The fish were too far gone I think fldnthe treatment to even work. I was at my local every day with pictures and she did say they look too far gone.

It's going to tropical after 10 days or so of ich treatment with heat and medication. Ii have fish ready on my other tank, baby mollies 4 of them will go into the tank after everything has settled and the water quality is good.

Should I treat it for fungal as well during this time just in case

nah, fungus dosent really attack fish unless they have an open wound already. That wasnt fungus anyways, it was bacteri and ick tomites. Just use the heat and malachite and that will clean out your tank until your ready to stock it again. Fungus (mould) don't like heat or malachite either.

Sweet. I'll let this bad boy run for a week at 30 degrees and then hopefully that'l have my problem sorted (y)

Back
Top Bottom