Not sure what to do with Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkeverly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My betta was living in a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter. I left for college and my mom didnt follow the instructions that i left her and I returned to a betta with severe fin rot. Since ive bee home it has gotten a little better, but i just got a new 10 gallon tank and i thought that might be better for him so that he can have more room. I filled it with the 5 gallons of water from his tank (it was fairly clean) and 5 gallons of fresh treated water. I used pea gravel as the substrate and it made the water pretty cloudy (i did rinse it throughly) after i let it sit for about an hour i went back into my room and found that the cup my beta was in was leaking and he had no water, so i panicked and threw him in the new tank. he sank to the bottom and was fine at first, but then layed on his side. i took him out and moved him to a cup filled with water from his old tank and he seams to be doing better. when should i put him in the new tank. im fairly sure that it will be cleared up in the morning and not cloudy anymore. Please help!!!!

Do you have a filter on the new tank, or in the old?

If you didn't cycle the tank first, read about fish in cycling. If the filter had been on the old tank and tou haven't changed the filter pad or media (which should never be changed unless it's falling apart) I'd put him in the new tank now

Back
Top Bottom