Nothings growing on live rock?? PLEASE HELP?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will have to test that one in the morning, am going to swallows aquatics tommorow to get a proper set of accurate tests done, then maybe we can start elimating, was wondering whether getting led lights might be worth ago?

Went to swallows aquatics today and was told everything was fine and that getting led lights and removing the 4 t5's might be the answer

No way would a 4 lamp T5 fixture be the reason for corals dying. That's plenty of light for softies and LPS for sure. If they died over a period of weeks and turned brown during that time, I might suggest lighting, but not immediately.

Just a shot how much carbon are you running and what type? I added some pellet carbon way to much to my sump the next morning my xenias were shriveled up, torch, Duncan and leathers, glove polyps all withdrawn. Everything was hurting except sps's. I removed it did a 25 gal wc a week later everything is almost back to normal. Xenias were losted. Now I just run one unit of chemi pure elite in sump. I always run carbon that time I packed a filter bag full like two cups of the pellet kind it stripped the water.

I'm asking where you get your water because I'm suspecting presence of chloramine/chlorine in your water that is too much for your carbon to eliminate..

I would still run carbon just in case RO/DI fails in the long run...but in his tank it looks like we are narrowed to something in water as culprit of the problem..

Back
Top Bottom