Now or Later?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 gallon tank that will be able to be set up within a week. However I'm leaving for Disney in a week and a half... I have 4 peppered cories that I could put in there (I have used filter media and decor) my neighbor is coming over to feed my fog and turtle and could feed the cories in that tank, but she wouldn't be able to test the water. So this is where I run into a problem. Should I put in the fish when the tank is set up or when I come back?
Also I have a filter from another tank that I can put in there with the used media, should I put it in there? And if I do how long should I leave it in there for because I want to return it to the other tank.

AquaKai said:
I have a 55 gallon tank that will be able to be set up within a week. However I'm leaving for Disney in a week and a half... I have 4 peppered cories that I could put in there (I have used filter media and decor) my neighbor is coming over to feed my fog and turtle and could feed the cories in that tank, but she wouldn't be able to test the water. So this is where I run into a problem. Should I put in the fish when the tank is set up or when I come back?
Also I have a filter from another tank that I can put in there with the used media, should I put it in there? And if I do how long should I leave it in there for because I want to return it to the other tank.

I would wait so your friend don't have to worry about two tanks or whatever also u don't have to take a chance on mini cycle. Leave the filter on your established tank and that'll be more BB build up while u are gone :)

Wait until you return. If I read this correctly, the new tank would not be cycled. Corys are very sensitive to changes in water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom