Now that the algae is gone, what do I feed my blenny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PB_Smith

Aquarium Advice Addict
My lawnmower blenny is looking kinda thin now because the algae in the display is virtually non-existent now, certainly not enough to sustain him.
What can I feed him? He shows no interest in any of the other foods or nori.

No interest in nori? That is strange. No other signs of issues? Have you rubber banded the nori to a rock?

haven't tried clipping it to a rock. He knows where it is and he checks it out, just doesn't eat it from the clip. all the other fish pick at it and the tang devours it, but the blenny, nothing.
I will go and pick up a couple different "flavors" of nori today and see if that makes any difference.
Just didn't know if any old school tricks like zucchini or squash would work like they do for fresh water grazers.
I guess I could rotate around some of the rubble in the refugium as that has some decent algae growth on it, but it will still be far from enough on a regular basis between him and the tang.

Darn!!
Get the algae all under control and now I need some to be growing....:banghead:

Both of the lawnmower blennies that I've owned have graciously accepted mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, algae pellets, and algae sheets. Of course, they also went after naturally growing algae as well.

My tang wouldn't touch nori on a clip so I would wedge it between two rocks and he'd eat it. The next day I'd clip it and no interest at all! Try moving it around

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Try sticking in a broccoli Florette , my baby scopas tang loves them , along with most of the other fish in my tank my lawn mowers go to town on them , I tie it to a piece of fishing line and let it float the surface , I also have live macros growing in my tank ,

Back
Top Bottom