Nw rummynose tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I purchased 5 new rummynose tetras yesterday making 12 total in my tank. Today I notices one of the new ones was a little weird. He swims fine but when he stops he turns on his side and looks like he can swim, but then he goes and swims again. Any ideas? There is defiantly something wrong with him.

Here's a picture. U think it might be something eith his swim ladder

Attachments

• image-3675837210.jpg
    image-3675837210.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 57
Need help asap

I didn't get any help in the sick fish section. I guess I'll try here
My school of 12 rummynose tetras is down to 10 after 2 died. I noticed them swimming fine, but when they stopped ther body's would float uncontrollably up and look like they were dead, but then they'd swim fine..
I noticed yet another rummynose showing these signs today, and I really don't know what to do. I can't jus let them slowly die off

Your threads have been merged.

Have you checked your water? How did you acclimate?
Rummies are notorious for dropping off for no reason after being added to a tank. They can be sensitive. You will need to provide more details in order for members to provide accurate advise.

my water reads Amm-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate about 20
i did the acclimation method of floating for around 30 minuets, then adding a few cups of water slowly, then taing half the water out then repeating. i had 8 rummies origionally then one randomlly died, but the school was steady for about 4 months till i added the new ones.

Just sounds like a random fish death... Maybe a bad batch? Just keep an eye on them your water is good so most likely just a pre existing health condition.

their noses are all bright red so i assumed that they were fine, ill see how the new sick one is doing.

Back
Top Bottom