Obvious Ich symptoms gone in 1 Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsgracia

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know about the Ich life cycle so I know they are still wondering around in my tank but is it possible that I caught it early enough that it only pestered one fish an disappeared after one dose? I am planning to keep medicating for at least a week if it doesn't come apparent on other fishes. You think that's enough? Or should I keep medicating longer even if I don't see anymore white spots? I use the Ich Attack medicine and up the temp to 80. Oh and I took the carbon part of the filter out too.

Possible but unlikely. Keep up the treatment. :)

Fin nips (bites from other fish) can also look like white spots. My egg-laying angels have some from protecting their eggs before I gave them their own tank. Possible your fish have been nipped?

I never see any nipping at all and I watch my fishes often. I do have a concern about my two mollies because I read that there should be a 1:2 M/F ratio in there and they both look like a male (pointed fin on the bottom). My mom just went fish happy and got them and put them in my tank without quarantine. No aggression right now but would this be a problem later on? Oh and no worries, I scolded my mom about touching my tank (nicely of course)

Back
Top Bottom