Ocellaris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Relofish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the difference between a true percula and a false percula? Which one was nemo?

Nemo was Amphiprion ocellaris. A. ocellaris typically have 10-11 dorsal spines whereas A. percula 9-10 and A. percula tends to have thicker black border lines shadowing the white bands and often overcasting much of their orange coloration than that of ocellaris. Their area of inhabitance is also non-overlapping, but both considered "bread and butter" fish for most retailers and "puppy dogs" of the aquariums for hobbyists worldwide. Their care and disposition is relatively the same.

HHHMMMM, I have A True Percula and a O. Clown together and it makes me wonder if the are different or the same? Now a F. Percula Clown aren't they the same as an O. Clown?

Amphiprion ocellaris is the same as a False clownfish, Ocellaris clownfish, and False percula clownfish. Amphiprion percula is True percula at most retailers I see.

I have one that I bought that was a true percula and it has thick black bands around it's white stripes, and I bought a O. clown with thin stripes thinking thety were the same and they both have 2 different orange in color. So which would be which. I would take they both are they same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom