Odd Deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeynDana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a 10 gallon running for four months. Stock is 2 guppies, 2 glo light tetras and 3 ablino cory cats. Was starting to get some algae and decided to buy a small bushy nose pleco to help clean up the algae and later move him to a larger tank.

Within the first two hours he was dead. My water has been fine but feared I had a spike and checked again, 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 5 Nitrate.

That Pet Store was closed the next day so I went to another and decided to put in 3 Oto cats. First two hours, 2 of the 3 were dead. Took a water sample to that pet store so they could test it, all good. Took another Oto home, this morning one is dead, not sure if it was the one that had survived the first night or the newest one.

All the other fish are great, the tank is my kids tank, some Sponge Bob decor that was from a pet store. I took a moon rock glow cave (aquarium safe) out because it has kind of a rough surface after the pleco and first two Oto's died but then the other one died after.

On another note, I put two Oto's into a separate tank at home and they are doing fine. All the Oto's came from the same tank at the pet store.

Any ideas?

15 minutes in the bag, 5 minutes with a little tank water, 5 minutes with a little more water.

That's probably why. It's usually something like an hour two I think. I'm not 100% on the right time. Someone chime in? Much longer than 10 minutes

Back
Top Bottom