Odd little guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djones169

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
img_1364670_0_89a2cd159ae90108d63ecd101cc876ee.jpg

This guy came with a tony bit of live rock. Is it a juvenile long tentacled anemone?

Looks like Majano to me.. can you take a pic with ur white lights on and you atinics off.. if it is indeed majano you should remove it.. im sure someone will chime in with links to id hitchhickers as well as a link on how to remove it.

img_1365634_0_11b975e4a2c4d987a4cd9f3ea2c122d6.jpg

I don't have actinics. That was regular room light. This is my 10gallon holding tank. Have 2 clowns and live rock and sand. That's all.

Will majano sting/hurt my clowns? I've heard that they don't get hurt much by anemones what with living in them and all.

If not, aside from massive proliferation, they should be ok (the majano) as long as they are kept in check?

They do get hurt by them just grow a resistance more or less... they are fast spreading and you can keep them on check... i take it then this is not a Reef tank . If its just your clowns. Manjanos make great filter feeders

i say pseudocorynactis. if it is in fact a pseudocorynactis, the ones we get on our rock are harmless.

Back
Top Bottom