Odessa barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the fish still eating well?
What does its poop look like?

If the fish is eating well and doing normal coloured poop (not stringy white poop), then she is probably full of eggs and enjoys her food.

-------------------

On a side note, your water looks milky cloudy. That is usually caused by a filter that hasn't established yet, or by uneaten food rotting in the tank.

How long has the tank been set up?

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the aquarium?

What sort of filter is on the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

@Colin_T
My tank is going through a min cycle as I change the substrate. She is eating well. Poop seems good. This would be my 1st time having a non livebearer birth.

I nolonger clean the gravel as I'm useing Fluval Stratum. Biweekly 25%.

2 Marineland Penguin Pro 375.

I add prime as I fill the aquarium

@Colin_T
My tank is going through a min cycle as I change the substrate. She is eating well. Poop seems good. This would be my 1st time having a non livebearer birth.

I nolonger clean the gravel as I'm useing Fluval Stratum. Biweekly 25%.

2 Marineland Penguin Pro 375.

I add prime as I fill the aquarium

Just so you know, Odessa Barbs are egglayers, not livebearers so there will be no "births" from them. More often than not, unless you set up a dedicated breeding tank for them, the odds of any eggs surviving to hatch is small as fish eggs are a delicacy for not only the other fish in the tank but to the breeders themselves. Occasionally in heavily planted tanks with lots of places to hide, you get survivors. I've used tanks as small as 10 gallons to spawn them. (y)

Hope this helps. (y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom