off brand canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone used the off brand canisters on ebay? For ex.. Odyssea. It looks like Ehiem but obviously isn't.
Also what about Pennplax Cascade? They seem nice for the price.

I originially had a magnum 350 on mine and I hated it...I took it back to petco and got the cascade 1000 yesterday (Have a 90 gallon tank)...so far I really like the cascade it is super quite and it comes with a spray bar that evens out the output flow...the bad thing is it only does like 265 gph's and my magnum did like 350 gph's.....but I am well willing to give up the power as it seems it is a better canister and easier to work with.....what about everyone else?

They are both rated up to 100 gallon tanks

i have 2 cascade 1500's waiting to go on my new 180 gallon tank... i bought them because all the reviews and advice i got here said they were good i tell you they look real nice but dont know how they work yet

265 gph of clean water is better then 350 gph of dirty water.I say once you try the rest you will eventually buy the best.Ehiem.

Back
Top Bottom