Ok here is my current set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exzaber

Aquarium Advice Newbie
55gal tall ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409458886.165924.jpg

I know I should "over stock " with Africans but I have 3 .. Also just picked up an oscar ( in quarantine ) right now ... I know oscars are CA/SA cichlids but was told by local fish store he should be fine ... Ok to the fish ... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409459098.380544.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409459247.697575.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409459440.461883.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice, let me know how the oscar is doing with them

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes! <~8~>

Will do , I'm changing my tank up next weekend to sandstone , slate ( I know I have to watch edges ) and doing it in white sand , I'll probably wait to the following week to add the oscar

This is a bad bad bad idea. That tank is too small of a foot print for an Oscar. A standard 55 is barley enough with several water changes a week.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought of that as well , my other tank currently waiting for set up is a 150 gal .. The oscar is around 3 inches .. I should have that build done in next few weeks so he will be in 55 gal at the longest 2 weeks , I may just leave him in quarantine untill new tank is complete

Oh ok you may even get away with a pair in the 150.

Lol , I think I'm just gonna stick with one for now , where it's my first oscar ... Thanks for replying

This is a bad bad bad idea. That tank is too small of a foot print for an Oscar. A standard 55 is barley enough with several water changes a week.

Not only is it a bad idea for the tank size, but also a bad idea mixing an oscar with africans. Depending on the size of the odcar those african will bully him to death or vise versa.

Back
Top Bottom