Ok plant people..mission accomplished!!(updated 9/13/6)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys...glad you like it.

What made this challenging from the word go was the depth (30'') and the lights (.6wpg).The only thing I have added artificially would be fert tabs.As you can see its a great success.I know longer clip and replant because the tank is planted all the way around the big fish.I do however have to clip about once a week so that light can make into the tank.

This is one of three tanks in my living room and it easily gets the most comments and compliments...some people simply love it.Honestly I think the 29g is the best looking tank in the house,but its not really at eye level,so it doesn't get the attention I think it deserves ;).

One of the big reasons I'm gald this worked and is reasonably well documented is the fact that if I can grow em in here,anyone can grow em anywhere if they choose the right plants.Hopefully someone will look at this and think "good gosh there in nothing to it!'' and give it a try.

Imo every FW tank should have plants...its just to cool not too.

Thanks again guys,for the kind words and the help along the way.

Fatz

Bump so I can find this quicker when super low light conditions come up...(still looks great btw).Thanks again all.

Back
Top Bottom