ok sand is just wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
so after 2 days my sand settled and i started to place the LR from my 20g plus other base rock i got into my 55g and its just completely clouded up again, i find sand to be quite annoying actually now...is this normal , i already dumped most of the water from my 20g into my 55g to top it off too. Im going to have to move my fish into soon any ideas

Place your LR in and wait a few days and do your water tests and see where you stand.

It is pretty normal. What type of filtration do you have?

When I first setup my tank, I used an old HOB filter I had laying around with some filter floss. Cleared the water right up.

whats filter floss, im using a 100g hob filter probably til tommarow or tuesday when my canister filter comes, also some time next month going to replace the hob filter for a hob protien skimmer, but funds are tight

whats filter floss, im using a 100g hob filter probably til tommarow or tuesday when my canister filter comes, also some time next month going to replace the hob filter for a hob protien skimmer, but funds are tight

Filter floss is a very dense pad of fine fibers. Also called polishing pads, they trap fine particulate matter. Make sure to replace them every other day if the tank is dirty, which it is, as they get clogged.

Keep the HOB for running carbon and GFO. Makes an EASY job of that! Also is great for polishing up the water from time to time when you get a dust storm or detritus storm.

Matt

When I had to put sand in my DT, I used a net similar to a brine shrimp net and put my dry sand in it then rinsed it out good. Then it would go into my DT. Its a PITA but i've never had cloudy water for more than a couple hours.

Only downfall is that it traps some of the wood like pieces in it, but you can always net those out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom