? on an above ground tank ( Huge tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
My parents live in Ozona Texas, which stays fairly warm in the winter but does ocassionaly freeze, very rarely snows. The tank is probably about 5 to 6 feet deep and is conected to a in ground well this tank supplys water to the several of the water trophs at the ranch as well as the ranch house. It used to be stocked with lots of minnows and bigg glodfish, but over the last 10 years or so the fish have all seemed to dissapered.
I would like to restock it with fish I would like suggestion of the best type of fish for this tank I would like to have so pretty fish in it as well my mom enjoys going to look at them. She does not want any kid of pleco she hates them.

Thanks Tess

First, Plecos are tropical fish and can't tolerate colder temperatures, definitely not anything near freezing.

If it's connected to a ground well, what is to prevent the fish from swimming away? Assuming you can keep the fish in there and the water supply is clean, I would look at coldwater fish. Goldfish of all types would work nicely. Koi, fancy goldfish, or minnows are a good choice.

the tank is connected to theground well by way of a wind mill that pumps the water into the tank which is built above ground useing 12in or more thick concrete walls and it never freezes over. I think I will try just some regular goldfish in it first then if they do ok then maybe some of the Koi or fancy goldfish.

Thanks Tess

Back
Top Bottom