One LED unit for a standard 29gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
i'm considering getting a LED unit (either the TaoTronic or the Radio XR30W Pro) and i would like to know if the light of one of these units is good for a 30inch long 29gal tank with a depth of approximately 20inches.

i'm considering getting a LED unit (either the TaoTronic or the Radio XR30W Pro) and i would like to know if the light of one of these units is good for a 30inch long 29gal tank with a depth of approximately 20inches.

Sure is. I have a Tao on my 40 breeder (36x18x15)...

image-3948622078.jpg

This is without the blues on...

image-2142399937.jpg

With blues...

thanks for the input. is that a dimmable Tao? i'm wondering how much you've turned it up to cover the entire length of the tank.

this is going to be my first LED of anything. in your opinion, does it concentrate more in the center where the LED is directly hoovering over it?

Yes its the dimmable one. It's a very even spread actually... Turning it up won't really increase the spread, it will just make the intensity higher. I get the same coverage regardless of intensity, if that helps.

And the blues are at 100, and the white probably
around 70%. I slowly ramped the white up because of my anemone.

Back
Top Bottom