one thing after another...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just ruled out I have callamanus/ camallanus(I've seen it spelled both ways?) Worms... On my favorite blue ram :( I ordered fenbendazole, I couldn't find leviwhatsit... I hope this work.
So I have her in my "hospital tank" with I threw together this morning.

ForumRunner_20131223_201913.jpg

She is the only one in my tank that I can physically see worms coming out. So I have her in prazipro water right now til fenbendazole gets here, and if those bugger's drop any eggs at least it won't be in my main tank.

I've never dealt with this before. Anyone have experience or tips on getting rid of this? Or moral support :/
Thanks happy holidays

Sorry to say this but youre going to have to treat the whole tank. I had these about 2 months ago and was devastated. I really dont even want to think about the stress it caused me since it was in my prize fish tank...

I used fenbendazole and levamisole when the fenben didnt work. Whats bad about fenbendazole is that it needs to be ingested, wich makes things difficult. I suggest trying your best to find levamisole, it worked for me after a week.

My tank had 3 individuals showing worms, and I caught all 3 of them in nets (a rummy nose, an angel fish, and a serpae tetra) after I did so, I got some tweezers and pulled out all of them worms from each. After that, and the levamisole, bye bye camallanus :) there were no deaths involved.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Theres a seller on ebay that I bought mine from. Its the holiday so im busy now, but ill hook you up with the seller name when I can.

Thanks! I'll try to find it on eBay if I can't I'll ask you for it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom