online fish purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For aquarium fish, what online purchasing options are available?

BigJim already pointed one out to me: AquaBid.com - Sell or buy aquarium related equipment and fish in an auction format!

Any other sites, either a E-Bay type site or online fish store?

I'm looking for a fish that isn't easily obtained in the LFS, called an african banded barb; barbus fasciolatus is its scientific name. I'd like to see all options available to me before buying.

I'm trying one of the LFS, and may try another, but don't know for certain whether they'll be able to get some of that type of fish shipped in.

Go online and google the name and put for sale behind it, you might find a couple sites, but don't buy unless it's a reputable site, find one and then check back here

I had a similar problem when I was looking for my shell dwellers. Only found a few places and they were sketchy at best. Ended up searching google and forums for people that had kept them. After emailing a few people I got a response from a couple in florida that had bought some and had extra spawn. They didn't charge anything but the shipping and it worked out great.

Sent from my X10a using Aquarium

i wouldnt do liveaquaria if you are in the east, shipping is ridiculous, aquabid is your best bet, or if you know a good private pet store like a couple of the members here have... other than that, i wouldnt order online from any other place

If you haven't already, check with severum mama or HN1 here on this site. If they don't have it, they may be able to get some in for you? They're two great people with some great fish ;)

Back
Top Bottom