Oops, she did it again...Pregnant Guppy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good breeder for guppies? I have a single chamber net that does nothing to protect the fry from the mother. I also have a 2 chamber plastic rig, but the fry are able to swim in and out of the chamber the mother is swimming in. Obviously anything that has an exit for the fry, that same exit could be used for them to re-enter the area of the mother...but I'm hoping to avoid loss here. Out of the 18 that were born, only 5 survived and are now in my nursery tank.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good breeder for guppies? I have a single chamber net that does nothing to protect the fry from the mother. I also have a 2 chamber plastic rig, but the fry are able to swim in and out of the chamber the mother is swimming in. Obviously anything that has an exit for the fry, that same exit could be used for them to re-enter the area of the mother...but I'm hoping to avoid loss here. Out of the 18 that were born, only 5 survived and are now in my nursery tank.
Try this bad boy, i haven't seen it in the flesh yet!!. I have read mixed reports on it but i'm gonna give it a try.. Also it's not as large as it looks.I can't purchase it in Ireland, so just waiting for this seller to get more stock..Should be widely available for you though...You need an air-pump to run it. I'd imagine a small one would do though..Ian

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/190777046712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Have you tried planting water wisteria or Val for the little ones to hide in? My dad also distracts the mom with large flakes on the opposite side of the tank from where the fry are. Good luck.

Have you tried planting water wisteria or Val for the little ones to hide in? My dad also distracts the mom with large flakes on the opposite side of the tank from where the fry are. Good luck.

They're in their own nursery tank now. My main tank is a community tank, not just guppies.

Also, what is "Val"?

Back
Top Bottom