Opinion-Molly as a centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shramp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I had been bummed over not being able to find a suitable centerpiece fish. And I realized I may already have one, though it's one that's not typically considered a centerpiece. My dalmatian molly!

She is gorgeous and will grow up to 5 inches. She has so much personality and recognizes me and swims up to greet me if I come up to the tank. While she is extremely aggressive to anything that looks like her (including her own reflection unfortunately) she is completely peaceful with my small tetras, Cory, rubber lip pleco and shrimp and does not bother them at all.

Sailfin mollies in general are beautiful and fun fish that get larger than you might think. Though some sources say to keep them in groups I do not believe this is always necessary as some may be aggressive towards their own and similar looking species as is mine.

So due to this I think sailfin mollies are a good centerpiece fish option for smaller tanks or tanks that have primarily small docile livestock that something like a cichlid would gobble up. Thoughts?

It’s entirely subjective, if a Molly strikes your fancy then make it so…..

Back
Top Bottom