Opinions about bigger cichild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If I get a bigger kenyi than the one I have now will the smaller on stop being so aggressive? Or would just adding a couple more same size be better?

J19Reynolds said:
If I get a bigger kenyi than the one I have now will the smaller on stop being so aggressive? Or would just adding a couple more same size be better?

Adding a couple more would balance out the aggresive I would think. What are the other tank mates and tank size?

Fishie said:
Adding a couple more would balance out the aggresive I would think. What are the other tank mates and tank size?

Right now here are 4... 2 yellow labs a kenyi and a maingano

image-2824730927.jpg

This is 3 of them my maingano is the same size as the small yellow lab

J19Reynolds said:
Right now here are 4... 2 yellow labs a kenyi and a maingano

This is 3 of them my maingano is the same size as the small yellow lab

What's your tank size? 30G? I don't know how many you could fit maybe just 1-2 more African cichlids.

My niece is taking the 2 smaller ones for her first tank so I'll only have te 2 bigger ones and ones a female n ones a male

A 25-29 gallon is much to small for those Mbuna and is most likely a cause of your aggression. When you add Kenyi into that mix it's even worse, they are a hyper aggressive fish are not good for beginners. You have to pay very close attention to stocking ratios and tank size to keep aggression levels under control.

Mogurako said:
A 25-29 gallon is much to small for those Mbuna and is most likely a cause of your aggression. When you add Kenyi into that mix it's even worse, they are a hyper aggressive fish are not good for beginners. You have to pay very close attention to stocking ratios and tank size to keep aggression levels under control.

I want to get rid of my kenyi she is the most problems so If I got rid of her would it be ok? I can't upgrade tanks again right now

J19Reynolds said:
I want to get rid of my kenyi she is the most problems so If I got rid of her would it be ok? I can't upgrade tanks again right now

i would rehome all the fish honestly and start over. If you can't upgrade don't buy the fish that require larger tanks. That tank IMO is only suitable to smaller dwarf cichlids like rams, Kribs, shellies.

Mogurako said:
i would rehome all the fish honestly and start over. If you can't upgrade don't buy the fish that require larger tanks. That tank IMO is only suitable to smaller dwarf cichlids like rams, Kribs, shellies.

Oh ok... Tu for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom