OPINIONS NEEDED: Marineland Filtering System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeLee2013

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all!

I currently have a Marineland Penguin 200 on my 36g tank. It performs well enough, but is incredibly loud and the housing assembly for the impeller is cracked and therefore contributes to the vibration and noise. It came cracked from the store and I only just realized it after pulling the darn thing apart to uncover why it was so loud.

I'm ordering a replacement impeller housing assembly, but wanted opinions on whether or not to upgrade to the Emperor 280 from Marineland. Has anyone noticed a difference between the Penguin and Emperor models in regards to noise? Also, does anyone have opinions on either model? Just looking to get others' input based on actual usage.

Thanks!!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Cough cough.. aquaclear ac 70.. cough..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all!

I currently have a Marineland Penguin 200 on my 36g tank. It performs well enough, but is incredibly loud and the housing assembly for the impeller is cracked and therefore contributes to the vibration and noise. It came cracked from the store and I only just realized it after pulling the darn thing apart to uncover why it was so loud.

I'm ordering a replacement impeller housing assembly, but wanted opinions on whether or not to upgrade to the Emperor 280 from Marineland. Has anyone noticed a difference between the Penguin and Emperor models in regards to noise? Also, does anyone have opinions on either model? Just looking to get others' input based on actual usage.

Thanks!!

? Diana Lee ?
I use a canister filter with an Aqua Clear filter. I believe that Aqua Clear makes the best Hang on Back (HOB) filter. But that is my opinion.

I'm with the Brookster on this. My mother has all Marineland filters, all different models. They are all noisy and the gimmick of changing out the pads all the time is just that. Its a waste of money. Aquaclear 70 is definitely the way to go or even the Fluval C series. They are decently priced on Amazon.com. Aquaclear is all I will buy for hang on the back filtration. The media compartment is large enough to house "extras" like purigen or even an extra sponge. You don't have to use the unnecessary carbon with the AC either like you do with Marineland.

I take it you like that brand? And have had good experiences? ?

? Diana Lee ?

Yes, I run 4 ac's and they've all been spinning like a top for about a year.. i run a fluval c4 as well, it's a nice filter but u wouldn't buy another. I really like the cannister and hob combo.. can't beat it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All great information. I'm doing research now, but will likely follow your advice and switch to the Aquaclear! Thanks!

? Diana Lee ?

Back
Top Bottom