orange bta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electrikat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever heard of an orange bta?? I just read an article on bta's and it said some are green, some are brown, some are rose, and some are orange. The one we just bought was sold as a rose, but it's really a flourescent orange color. What do you know or think?

Attachments

• mvc-882f.jpg
    mvc-882f.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 101
My friend has had a Rose BTA for almost a year now and it looks pretty much identical to yours. It is like with all livestock, some are brighter or more brilliantly colored them some of their brethren.

Another thing could be your lighting or water parameters. The same Anemone could appear different under various lighting methods.
If it was in your 90g with the 20,000k MH you have it might very well appear brighter and more "pink".

I am sure some of the other more esteemed members may have further input.

Actually when it is fully inflated it looks mor rose, but when it is deflated it looks orange.

Hmm, well when my friends deflates it looks more greenish/purple, which isn't much help to you is it. :D

Well, hmm I guess wait for a more informed person to respond.

I have not heard of orange BTA. However, two LFS around me right now have incredable orange and yellow seebaes in stock. They have bright orange foot and tips and this awesome yellow body. I have never seen them before. They claim they are all natural, no dyes or colors added.

My sebae was white when we got him but has since turned a more golden color with purple tips. The lfs and a couple of sites I've gone to say that the ones that are darker come from deeper water. That the natural color should be golden/brownish, but when they keep them /grow them in shallow tanks they tend to lighten up as some kind of protective mechanism.. What do you think Lando?

I believe most sebaes are suppose to be tan to light brown. Most animals at the LFS are lighter in color because they are beginning to bleach. Iti is not a protective mechanism, rather a product of too little light. Maybe someone else can elaborate on this. I have never heard this theory before.

Back
Top Bottom