Other plants to look for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 30 gallon tank I have some Dwarf Sagittaria, Java Ferns on a lava rock, 1 Anubias Nana, and a lot of Amazon Sword plants. I was wondering what plants would look good with Tetras, Marbled Hatchets, Amano Shrimp, Rams, and Cory Catfish? I was thinking of adding Banana Plants, Dwarf Hairgrass, Java Moss, and some Water Sprite. What are some other interesting plants I could look for?

What kind of lighting do you have? Will a lot of these plants work in low lighting for me?

Then IMO you already have a ton of swords with a rosette shape and adding crypts will just be adding more like shaped plants. You need to add some plants that have different leaf shapes, growth patterns, and color. Look into Red Tiger Lotus, Rotala roundifolia, Alternanthera reineckii, Stargrass, Staurogyne repens and Hydrocotyle sp."Japan" for the foreground.

Then IMO you already have a ton of swords with a rosette shape and adding crypts will just be adding more like shaped plants. You need to add some plants that have different leaf shapes, growth patterns, and color. Look into Red Tiger Lotus, Rotala roundifolia, Alternanthera reineckii, Stargrass, Staurogyne repens and Hydrocotyle sp."Japan" for the foreground.

Okay! I will look into it. Thanks!

Hairgrass needs very high light so that probably wouldn't work for low lighting

Back
Top Bottom